Microsoft Office Teams
Having an excellent team space is key to being able to make creative decisions and communicate with one another. Shared workspace software makes this much easier to achieve, especially if a particular team is based in a very large company, has many remote employees, or is made up of a significant amount of team members.
Microsoft Teams features make it stand out from other collaboration software:
- Teams and channels. Teams are made up of channels, which are conversation boards between teammates.
- Conversations within channels and teams. All team members can view and add to different conversations in the General channel and can use an @ function to invite other members to different conversations, not unlike Slack.
- A chat function. The basic chat function is commonly found within most collaboration apps and can take place between teams, groups, and individuals.
- Document storage in SharePoint. Every team who uses Microsoft Teams will have a site in SharePoint Online, which will contain a default document library folder. All files shared across all conversations will automatically save to this folder. Permissions and security options can also be customized for sensitive information.
- Online video calling and screen sharing. Enjoy seamless and fast video calls to employees within your business or clients outside your business. A good video call feature is great to have on a collaboration platform. One can also enjoy simple and fast desktop sharing for technical assistance and multi-user real-time collaboration.
- Online meetings. This feature can help enhance your communications, company-wide meetings, and even training with an online meetings function that can host up to 10,000 users. Online meetings can include anyone outside or inside a business. This feature also includes a scheduling aid, a note-taking app, file uploading, and in-meeting chat messaging.
- Audio conferencing. This is a feature you won’t find in many collaboration platforms. With audio conferencing, anyone can join an online meeting via phone. With a dial-in number that spans hundreds of cities, even users that are on the go can participate with no internet required. Note this requires additional licensing.
- Full telephony. That’s right! The days of seeking VoIP vendors and overspending on a phone system are finally over. Microsoft 365 Business Voice can completely replace your business’ existing phone system. Note this requires additional licensing.
To put it simply, Microsoft Teams is similar in concept to the popular collaboration software Slack with a lot more bells and whistles. Plus, Microsoft Teams is included in Microsoft365 and Office365 for free.
Managed IT Services
Get the expert support you need, exactly when you need it. With just three rings, you’re through to your dedicated support pod of highly qualified expert Linux and Windows engineers who know your hosting solution inside and out, whether it’s midnight or midday.
IT Support FAQs
Our Data Recovery Technicians and Customer Services staff answer many thousands of telephone inquiries each year and although the need for a data recovery service is new to most of them the data loss incidents generally involve common device types and recurring themed questions.
1. What are IT packages?
They are a monthly contract with your IT services provider, who will be responsible for keeping certain elements of your IT software (like Microsoft products) and hardware (like laptops and desktop computers) operational. Managed IT packages ensure you have the coverage and protection your company needs to stay productive. They are cheaper than ad hoc support when something goes wrong, and ensure priority service.
2. What are managed IT services?
This is when you engage an external team to handle your IT support. It’s an efficient and cost-effective way of maintaining your IT infrastructure. An IT support provider will be up-to-date on current best practice and the latest certifications and have the resource to respond to emergencies promptly. For businesses that don’t have an internal IT support team, it means your employees remain productive and aren’t trying to troubleshoot issues themselves. We can also support an internal IT support team.
3. Will I get on-site support with an IT managed services package?
Yes, on-site support is included – as far as we’re concerned, it’s an essential component of good service. We can solve most maintenance and arising problems remotely as part of a managed IT services package. However, if we need to make an on-site visit, we include this in all our packages too, with no extra charge for time and travel.