Virtual Machine Setup Service
Virtual Machines (VM's) are an excellent way to test, deploy, design or configure servers, client machines, operating systems, software, updates, networks etc especially when hardware resources ie spare servers or client computers are limited. For example, say you have a machine with Windows XP as the host operating system. You can then install virtual machine software and then run multiple copies of other operating systems for trial / testing etc such as Vista, Server, Windows 7 etc. Another bonus is that IT staff can test and configure VM's without having any negative affect on the current live IT structure.
Setting up a virtual machine can be quite complex and daunting, so Lanarkshire IT Services provide a service where we can set one or multiple virtual servers or virtual clients up for you. We can either do this on-site or over the internet via secure, remote control.
Virtual Machine Scenario's
- Create test client / server networks before physical deployment
- Testing new software
- Testing new operating systems
- Malware removal techniques
- Training staff
- Provide support for multiple operating systems
What we will do:
- Download, install and configure virtual machine (VM) software
- Create a virtual server or virtual client or both
- Install and configure a Windows or Linux client or server operating system
- Configure network / internet access
What you will need:
- A Microsoft Windows host machine running 2000, XP,Vista, Server etc
- An operating system CD or .ISO image - there are plenty of Windows Evaluations or Ubuntu desktop / server downloads.
- Atleast 10 GB FREE hard drive space
- Enough RAM to power host machine plus the VM
Once you have all that please Contact Us we can proceed to setup a VM for you.
Last Updated (Tuesday, 16 February 2010 10:22)